Are you thinking about starting out as an independent escort? Here are some useful tips to consider in order to be successful and keep safe!
- Is privacy important to you? You should decide on a working name for yourself unless you want everyone knowing about your personal business. Most escort ads include photos, so decide if you want pictures showing your face, whether you want to blur out your face or other identifying features. Remember that once you do post any photos or videos, these are out on the internet and will be outside of your control!
- Your client should give you the agreed amount first. You should receive this before anything happens. You should absolutely be friendly, polite and professional, and so should all clients, and this definitely includes giving you the agreed amount first!
- Thinking about your long term sexual health is important. Safe sex should be practised at all times. If possible, use condoms from reliable brands and make sure you don’t run out! Everyone also has different preferences, so try out the different varieties of brands. Having a few large and small size ones around is also very handy for you and your client.
- Contact your local sexual health clinic for a Hepatitis B vaccination, and you can also consider getting a Hepatitis A vaccination if you will be ‘rimming’.
- Get a second sim and phone number for your business and client calls, so you don’t have to give out your private number. Turn off your ‘work’ phone when appropriate, so that you don’t get inappropriate calls or messages at inconvenient times. You can also destroy the sim card and/or cancel your account if you decide to stop your work.
- Set your boundaries and stick to them no matter what everyone else says. You can always say no to any request that you are not comfortable with, and be clear and form in your communication if necessary.
- Have a plan for what you want from escorting, and work towards your goals. Having longer term goals can be helpful in this very personal job, so you don’t feel like you are just going through the motions without purpose.
- Be wary as not all people are nice. There are a lot of bad people and scammers around the adult services process, who will provide no value for the fee that they charge (photographers, web designers, internet listings etc). Go with business and services that have a proven record of bringing real value to their clients.